Phase One is complete. I completely forgot to tell you that Darcy was getting her braces off this week. Why was that? Why? Hmmmm . . . oh yeah, I had the flu! Well, ta-da! Darcy got her braces off! Of course, she's going to go through the process all over again when she gets a little older and more of her baby teeth have fallen out and her permanent teeth have come in, but for now I think you can see the difference her braces have made on her bite and her smile. Isn't she beautiful?!! Yes, yes, I know, she's always been beautiful, but now she's BEE-YOO-TEE-FUL!!
She heads to the ortho today to get a retainer for her top teeth that she'll be able to remove when she eats, and she'll also get a lingual something-or-other that is welded on to her inside lower teeth. Just exactly what I had when I was a kid. I have visions of retainers being thrown in the trash can at school, but Darcy is typically so particular about her belongings that something tells me we have nothing to worry about. Because you see, I can also envision her choosing a totally rockin' green retainer case that she will decorate with glitter glue and stickers that she will proudly display for her friends at lunch each day. Nine-year-old girls are so funny (and fashion-conscious!)!
BEFORE
AFTER
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment