Saturday, May 17, 2008

Back to Narnia

Tyler's class just finished reading Prince Caspian at school, so the totally rockin' fifth grade teachers decided it would be a great idea to take a field trip to see the movie which opened today. Hmmm, let me think about this . . . uh, yeah, I'm in!



I volunteered to drive so Sawyer and I went up to the school, prepared to pick up Tyler and as many as four of his friends. However, because so many other parents had also offered to come along (shocking!), we carpooled with another mom and her son so we just had the three boys. I met this mom for the first time last Friday night at the banquet, and she is just as nice as she can be. Her name is Susie, and with a name like that how can you NOT be nice?

I don't feel I can say much about the movie because I don't want to spoil it for anyone and obviously any opinion I have of it is just that--MY opinion--but for what it's worth, it ROCKED! Yes, it's long . . . but it didn't feel long. It was definitely more of an "action flick" than the first installment, and Sawyer LOVED all the battle scenes with the swords clanging and arrows flying. He immediately came home and got his "carrot" bat (a bat that looks like a carrot--duh!) and tucked it into the back of his shirt like a quiver so he could pretend to pull arrows out of it. "Look, I'm Susan!" he crowed. I thought the cinematography was excellent, the scenery breathtaking. I would watch it again in a heartbeat--good thing, too, since Darcy, Peyton and Randy missed all the fun!

No comments: