Tonight there is nothing but grief. I just read that baby Luke Sponberg, the two-month-old son of Nicol Sponberg (former lead singer of Selah), died last night of a cause that has yet to be determined. That is anguish enough, but the person who passed on the news was none other than Nicol's sister-in-law Angie, who is married to Todd Smith, current lead singer in Selah. Just seven weeks ago, Todd and Angie delivered their third daughter who died within hours of her birth. For me, this is one of those "How much more, Lord?" moments. The shared grief that these intertwined families now hold in common is so utterly heart-breaking that all I can think to do is to ask everyone I know to remember these grieving families in your prayers. Speaking from experience, life will go on . . . but it will never be the same.
"Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him." 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My heart is aching. Its strange... I just wrote this week about my struggle to understand God when things like this happen. I have been down a long road trying to figure Him out after my own friends baby died tragically. I havn't yet, but I am trying to be OK with that. I just can't think of anything more heartbreaking to me than these families suffering. Was the second baby you mentioned named Audrey Caroline? I read a little on her mom's blog, as much as I could handle. Your post title was very appropriate, as was your conclusion. "Life will go on... but it will never be the same." I am so sorry you are greiving.
-Andi Hawkins
Post a Comment