Tuesday, May 27, 2008

On Days Like These

On days like these, it's hard for me not to smile. I've been sitting in my rocking chair by the French doors in my bedroom for a while, gazing out into my backyard which is (to me) the picture of serenity and watching the rain fall. That's one of my favorite pastimes, by the way--I love to sit at my table or chair and watch rain fall. Randy taught me that particular pleasure. Used to be, I was too busy to stop and watch little droplets of water making patterns on the pavement. Life didn't stand still while rivulets of water snaked through flowerbeds. And I suppose it still doesn't; after all, in just a few minutes I'll be leaving the house, venturing out into the downpour to take Sawyer to a dental appointment. And so it goes.

But for just a moment, as I enjoy the relative quiet amidst the cacophony of thunderous booms, I am reminded again of God's power and goodness and all-encompassing love for me, that He would bring this rain at this time, for my pleasure. God is so good.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Kelly stole my thunder, but that was exactly what I said to myself when I finished reading your blog today so I didn't hesitate to echo it yet again. So glad you took time to savor the moment!
MM