Thursday, May 1, 2008

(So Proud I Don't Even Care If It's) Shameless Bragging Alert, Part Two

After what seemed like an eternity, Darcy had another softball game today. And guess what? The Tar Heels won!!! AND I will have you know that after her performance tonight, Darcy has been declared "our star!" (And not by me, just in case you were wondering.)

She got things started off in the first inning by hitting a single, and for the first time (for the Tar Heels) the inning was called because they scored five runs--hooray!

In the next inning . . . okay, hold on to your hat, folks . . .

SHE HIT A GRAND SLAM!!!

Okay, so technically she only hit a double, but hey! The second baseman bobbled her catch and so did the third baseman, and Darcy took advantage of every angle! What's important is that she hit the ball past the pitcher down the left field side, she ran around all four bases (I may not know much but I do believe that's known as a HOME RUN) and she drove in three other runners! Everybody was screaming bloody murder, too--it was an awesome moment. I guess Coach Germany was right--she is most definitely "one of our hitters!"

No comments: