Monday, August 11, 2008

I Did Not See This One Coming!

A special woman at Woodland West named Tanya Wilson has done something that I previously thought impossible--she has rendered me speechless! She has presented me with The Smile Award--you'll read more about it below--but the reason for my surprise is that Tanya and I haven't known each other very long, yet she said some awfully nice things about me. Perhaps there is a correlation between the length of time of our association and her opinion of me?? That could change, Tanya!

No, seriously, I am humbled that she would think of me when choosing recipients of the Smile Award; Tanya herself was a deserving recipient before me. Tanya is amazingly gifted--the kind of person who is so crazy-talented, I can't even be jealous. I also love how much she loves her husband and builds him up with her words and her actions. That puts a smile on my face! But what I love most about Tanya is the heart of a servant that beats in her chest. She loves the Lord and wants to share Him with the world, and she has been to Japan several times (most recently this summer) to do just that. She is a wonderful example to young and old alike, and she is beautiful inside and out. Tanya, you rock!!!

And now, without further ado, I give you . . . The Smile Award!


These are the rules:
1. The recipient must link back the the award's creator (http://www.thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/).
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)
2. Must love one another
3. Must make mistakes
4. Must learn from others
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids

So, after careful consideration, here are the five recipients I have chosen for the Smile Award:

1. Tanya at The Random Ramblings of the Wilsons' Lives (http://thewilsons06.blogspot.com/). Now Tanya, you are off the hook to choose five more recipients of The Smile Award, but I had to include you in my list because I would totally have chosen you if you hadn't gotten to me first, and you can read all my reasons above!

And now, perhaps in a departure from the norm, I am going to include links to some bloggers whom I don't know personally but who cause me to smile (often!) nonetheless.

2. Sophie at BooMama (http://boomama.net). Sophie's is a blog I stumbled onto in a "link-of-a-link-of-a-link-of-a-shoot-I-can't-even-remember-what-I-was-looking-for-now" kind of way. Sophie is a good ol' Southern gal who simply exudes joy and laughter--you can see her smile in every word she writes. I deleted her blog from my Google Reader in a time-saving effort, but doggone it if I haven't memorized the URL! She has made quite a name for herself in the blogosphere yet remains amazingly down to earth and she is, in a word, hysterical. If her post on how she came by the name "BooMama" doesn't convince you, nothing will.

3. Beth Moore at The LPM Blog (http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/). Beth is perhaps a controversial figure even among my readers so I'll avoid discussing her theology and instead focus on her personality. There is no denying the woman is riotously funny! Talking about anything from food to pets to her hair, for heaven's sake . . . hilarious! Her desire for everyone to live a joyful life is infectious, and her love for her family is indisputable. Definitely a Smile Award winner in my book.

4. Antique Mommy at Antique Mommy (http://antiquemommy.com). In her well-preserved attempt at anonymity, I don't believe I have ever come across Antique Mommy's real name; I think I might have seen it in a comment once upon a time but no matter--her blog name suits her. She, too, has made a name for herself among bloggers, but not because of her humor, necessarily; no, she tends to be more introspective and thoughtful and she articulates her feelings beautifully. I often find myself tearing up as I read her heartfelt expressions of love for her child.

5. Last but not least, the one who started it all: Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer (http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com). It has been such a long time since I first came across her blog, but it is because of her that I found my way to BooMama and Antique Mommy. Shannon reminds me a lot of myself, except she's funnier and doesn't take herself as seriously as I do (myself, not her). She has four children just like I do, and she alternately bursts with pride over the fine young people they are becoming and frets over the inevitable conflicts that arise from time to time. She has a huge heart and is intelligent, witty and God-fearing.

So there you have it! I hope by giving you links to new blogs I am not somehow contributing to a decrease in productivity (meaning don't waste all day on your computer--pace yourself!), but all of these women are reliable smile-bringers and I thought I'd share the wealth!

No comments: