Saturday, September 27, 2008

And a Good Time Was Had By All


I cemented my status as "Best Mom in the World" in Darcy's estimation after the party I didn't throw today. I didn't buy a pretty little tablecloth with matching plates, napkins and cups; I didn't bake a birthday cake; I didn't plan and execute party games or buy prizes; no, I did none of those things and still, STILL today Darcy declared her party to be "the best party ever!" I think the fact that she had more than one invited guest helping her to celebrate the occasion may have had something to do with her fervor. I'm just guessing.

The birthday package at Putt-Putt that El Cheapo (that would be me) was willing to pay for included food, drinks, a round of golf, cake and ice cream, games, prizes, goody bags and a boatload of tokens for the arcade for the birthday child and seven guests. And since Darcy wanted to invite several girls from church AND school, we gave Tyler and Sawyer the old heave-ho and sent them packing to Hunter's house. "Hunter! I love Hunter!" declared Sawyer. (So when I say "a good time was had by ALL," I mean it!)

One of the girls from church had originally said she would probably be late and she was a no-show, and another friend, sadly, is in Florida and not coming back 'til tomorrow (her mom called and said Ashlyn had asked if they could PLEASE change their reservations to come back in time for Darcy's party). But, one of Darcy's best friends has a sister Peyton's age (also named Peyton) and the four of them have been doing a lot together, so Peyton P. came along and that gave us seven giggly little girls altogether. Several of whom could actually put a few boys to shame in the burping department. 'Nuff said.

From left: Atley, Cheyenne, the birthday girl, Kirsten, Jenna


Peyton squared


Pulling ribbons off what we think was a reusable pinata--sorta lame


Grabbing the loot--Why does every kid pounce on pinata trinkets like they're precious jewels?


Playing hot potato--surprisingly, the girls had a lot of fun with this judging by all the giggling



Opening presents


I love the looks on Darcy's and Chey's faces in this one


A little taste of mini-golf


After the party, both of my girls went with Cheyenne and Peyton to dinner and a movie, so I'm trusting that this is one birthday Darcy will not soon forget. Apropos, since my baby is turning

10!!!

4 comments:

EB said...

I can't believe she is 10! It looks like she/everyone had a great time. For my 10th my parents let me have a sleepover (the first and last). Me, 10 girls plus my 2 sisters. At the last minute my mom had to work so it was my dad with 13 girls. We all survived but there hasn't been a sleepover since :)

Andrea said...

LOL--no wonder that's why your dad has that slight twitch! :-) We had a sleepover this summer with four girls and that was enough for now. I cannot imagine 13!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Darcy and friends all had FUN! The more, the merrier I always heard.
MM

Andrea said...

MM,
Yep, I'd say the entire thing was a success from start to finish!