
I've always found this holiday to be somewhat of a contradiction, and I know I'm not alone in my thinking. I mean, how in the world did we as a nation ever come to equate "labor" with a "free day"? I just don't get it. At the very least we should call it "National Celebrate Labor By Not Doing Any Day" or some other nonsensical phrase.
However, I don't think my musings are going to change national policy anytime soon, so we might as well take advantage of the extra time! If you need me, I'll be at Six Flags--I'll be the one lugging around the 64 oz. refillable plastic cube of Pepsi!
2 comments:
It really was Labor day for me. I worked last night and was really busy. So it seem I have a diffrent take on the name " Labor Day". LOL
I wish I was at six flags too and not at work. Hope it was a fun outing.
You are a better person than me. My contribution to Labor Day was carrying around our jug of Coke/Sprite/water (that's 64 oz. three times!) plus my kids' souvenir lunch buckets that were CHEAPER than my chicken fingers and came with popcorn chicken, applesauce, string cheese, Oreo Thin Crisps and a juicebox. Talk about a bargain!
Post a Comment