Saturday, September 20, 2008

I Am SO In Over My Head

This is what happens when one can't be bothered to learn more than a few basic HTML codes. This is also what happens when one cannot learn to be content with what one has.

If you've read my blog for long, then you know that it underwent a "facelift" a while back--quite a while back now, I guess. In my eagerness to start a blog, I did literally ZERO research and simply accepted whatever template Blogger had to offer. Well, that plain, nondescript template didn't satisfy for long and I eventually decided to freshen things up--using ANOTHER Blogger template.

See, I get nervous when it starts saying stuff about "losing widgets" and throws out letters like XTML (or something like that--it's so horrifying that I don't even read it that closely); the point is, I get all sorts of dire warnings from Blogger about changing my template, even though sites like Pyzam and the one I was recently steered to, The Cutest Blog on the Block, claim you can "change your background without losing widgets, elements or HTML code!!!"

But as you can see from my poor, pitiful blog, I cannot seem to rid myself of the underlying template that I was using in Blogger, even though all of the code for my new template is in place. I had hoped that by removing the picture banner (which was a tough call but was, after all, pretty outdated) it would take care of the problem but, alas, it simply reverted back to the "Rounders" template that I chose originally (which is why you see that greenish background behind the blog title and also where the date/comment box is).

Would it be too much to hope that someone who is reading my blog would know how to help me remedy this problem? There are a million and one templates I could choose from but I feel like I'm being held prisoner by those two little strips of green! But I am also afraid that if I alter the HTML code in any way, I will lose my whole blog altogether!

**********

Well, if you've stuck with me this long, then you see that I figured it out! All by myself! Of course, I've been working at it off and on for about two hours, but still! Success! I'm not sure I'm finished--I'm still not satisfied with all the colors, but at least nothing clashes now. Stay tuned . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!
MM

Jake and Tanya Wilson said...

Looks good! You've inspired me to change my blog! Although I don't know if that is a good thing, seeming how I am supposed to be working on homework! :oP

amy said...

UGHHHH!!! I'm with you on the confusingness of changing your template. Even though I've only been on blogger since June, I got bored with my template right away and changed it pretty easily to a Pyzam template. But then I saw the Cutest Blog on the Block had the most ADORABLE ones and decided to change it again. Being content with what I have is not one of my strong points. In doing so, I have lost my stuff twice, blogger autmoatically reverted back to the classic template because it erased everything, had to research through confusing HTMLCRAP sites to figure out how to get the NEW version of blogger back, got it back, changed my template to a more FALL decor, lost my stuff AGAIN, had to do it AGAIN, then I'm back to normal. Could this be ANY easier for us non-techno people??

amy said...

Um...all that to say...GREAT JOB! It looks awesome! :)