So Sawyer and I were sitting at the table about 15 minutes ago playing a few rounds of Sequence, and for a few blessed moments engaging in conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars. That kid is wearing me out with his one-track mind, but that's a post for another day.
Anyway, out of the clear blue sky Sawyer said, "Mom, do you know what my favorite sport is?" Hmmm, that's a toughie. He is quite the baseball fanatic owing to the years he has spent following Tyler and Darcy around the baseball diamond; however, he and Tyler spend untold hours plotting strategy and kicking, punting and tackling their way to bruised shins, broken fingernails, sore arms and bumps on the head.
This is a tough call.
Me: "I'm going to go with football."
Sawyer: "Errrrrk!" (That's his sound effect for a buzzer.) Wanna know what it is?!"
Me: "Sure."
Sawyer: "Kissing!"
O-kay. I am officially scared for what awaits us when this child hits puberty. Perhaps sensing my anxiety, Sawyer said, "But football and baseball are okay too."
Whew. That was a close one.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! What a cute kid! Yea, good luck in the future! :o)
Andrea, I was reading this while Jonathan was sitting at the table working very unhappily. I read this to him and it brought a smile to his face. Thanks for the laugh-we needed it :)
Post a Comment