Friday, March 23, 2007

La La La La La, So Happy Together

Edited to add: The photo was not showing up so I moved it to the most recent post. See March 24 for picture that goes with this entry.

Well, as you may have noticed from the previous post, at my father's wise suggestion I broke down and downloaded Picasa (a Google photo software program) so that I can resume posting photos to my blog entries. You know how I am about photos! It's just not an entry unless there's a picture attached!

Anyway, this is the photo that I talked about a few days ago. Maybe it's just me, but I just melt every time I look at it. This was taken on the first day of spring and we were just in heaven that the weather turned out so completely BEAUTIFUL that day. We completed our schoolwork in record time and actually spent several hours outside playing basketball, tennis and football, rollerskating--you name it! At one point everyone got pretty hot and tired (yes, on the first day of spring they were already HOT) so I got the idea to serve ice cream floats. (I'll bet you wish I was your mom right about now, huh?) As I served each child his/her float, I directed them to take their mugs outside so they could continue to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine, and when the last child had been served and I made my way back out, this was the sight that greeted me. There was just something about seeing those four heads lined up, enjoying their ice cream and Pepsi, that got me right here (picture me with my hand over my heart). It's gonna be a wonderful spring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Darcy will ever be as "photogenic" as you Andrea, but you're right. That photo is you. Strangely enough, I can see some of Tyler's features, particularly her mouth and his. Anyway, that is definitely a great picture. And you can definitely lay claim to a clone of yourself.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I just now noticed that the picture of the four heads is not showing up. Maybe it's just my computer tonight. I'll look forward to seeing it soon. And the previous comment I left was actually meant for the picture of Darcy. Excuuuuuussssseee me.
Dad :-)

Andrea said...

I'm on it. Not sure why the photo posted last night but subsequently disappeared. Incidentally, this is the photo that began all the trouble in the first place! It may simply be too large (although I doubt it and, as I said, it did post satisfactorily last night).