Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Loser

For those of you whose children are grown, you can empathize with my current plight--my kids are about to make the "Tooth Fairy" go broke! Between Tyler, Darcy and Peyton, I've had to fork out cash for six teeth in the last two months alone! Peyton was the most recent "loser" of a tooth, and I must say I'm glad to see it go because I grew a little weary of seeing her with her hand in her mouth (wiggling said tooth) every time I turned around! I was going to post a picture but Blogger (at least I hope it's Blogger) seems to be having issues and won't let me upload anything right now. Back to Peyton's teeth, though . . . most of you will remember that I sent a picture of her when she lost her two front teeth and I said "No More Gap" (referring to the gap in her teeth caused by her frenum). Several of you (wiseguys) wrote back and said that rather than saying, "No more gap!" I should have more accurately said, "Look at that gap!" Give me a break--are you telling me that you didn't know what I really meant?!

Anyway, I was under the impression that once Peyton's two front teeth came out, she would undergo the procedure to have her frenum clipped so that her new front teeth would grow in nice and straight. I was soon set straight by her dentist, who told me that contrary to what I believed, he actually wanted her new teeth to come in before considering the procedure. So now Peyton looks almost EXACTLY the same as she did before she lost the two teeth; only her new teeth are obviously bigger and, yes, the gap is bigger too!

This is completely off any subject I have ever blogged about before but I thought it was funny and worth sharing. I was reading in the paper this past Sunday that Mark Calcavecchia (forgive me if the spelling is off), a golfer on the pro circuit, had shot a particularly bad round in his most recent tournament and had already packed his bags to go home after Friday's round. But lo and behold, on Friday he evidently set a course record and suddenly found himself in contention.

Apparently, the biggest reason this was newsworthy was because Calcavecchia was using a putter that he bought at a retail store. Retail, of all things! What I found so humorous was his statement to the press that when he went in to purchase a new putter, he was really only looking for "the putter that was the least ugly or that I wouldn't mind breaking." Sounds like he got a lot more than that! (Though, to be honest, I've been too lazy to look and see how he ultimately fared in the tournament. Sorry if you were waiting for a happy ending. I'm not sure if it came or not.)

Well, I'll be out of pocket for the next few days. I am going with my dear friend Debbie to the Hearts at Home conference on the Illinois State University campus. We'll be leaving early tomorrow afternoon and not getting back home until LATE Saturday night, so you know what that means: I'll miss the first and half of the second round in the NCAA tournament! Oof! I dutifully filled out my brackets this year, just like always, and Tyler even got in on the act this year. Bless his heart, he's got Ohio State going all the way!!! I'm sure a lot of folks up here would love nothing better than an Ohio State-Florida rematch, but I don't think it's in the cards. I picked a lot (well, maybe not a LOT) of upsets this year because obviously, upsets happen! Anytime I play it safe I lose big time. The only thing I did not do was look at each school's individual record, and that might have made a difference, but it's too late now!

Anyway, keep Randy and the kids in mind as they languish here without me! :-) (Just kidding.) I'll post an update next week after I've rested up. God bless!

No comments: