Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring Has Sprung!

I did it! I did it! I am usually the last person in the world who is able to get something like this to work, but I was actually able to make an egg stand on end today! (I know the fact that it was the Vernal Equinox is not really the reason I was able to do so--just work with me, people!)

This morning Randy's dad e-mailed us a couple of pictures proving that he, too, had accomplished the feat, so Randy called me from work and encouraged me to try it with the kids. Now, my being the naysayer of all naysayers, I at first dismissed Randy's suggestion but after a beat I thought, "Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained."


Ta-da! And this was after trying for all of 10-15 seconds. I was so proud of myself. The kids thought it was pretty cool too!

I don't know about where you live, but in our neck of the woods the first full day of spring cooperated beautifully! It is funny to see Darcy wearing that sweater in the picture because by the end of the day she was asking to put on shorts! We all had our capris and flip-flops on by church time. (I suppose I should clarify that we GIRLS had our capris and flip-flops on by church time, though at the rate that Tyler and Sawyer are growing, their pants will soon look like capris!)

I have another very sweet photo of the kids that I will hopefully post tomorrow, but it appears Blogger is having technical difficulties again. I am lucky I was able to post the photo with the egg. I am tempted to get irritated but know it wouldn't change anything, and when I go to Blogger's Help boards and see some of the MAJOR problems other people have, I consider myself lucky that I'm only having trouble posting pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm going to have to try that tomorrow. With our motorcycle in the shop, we plan to clean the garage tomorrow. But first, I'll have to try balancing the egg. Neat trick!
Get Picasa and the picture posting will be simpler. Believe me. And, I found another trick in editing. When you first enter edit mode, select and copy all you want in your post. Then delete it, re-paste the good stuff and add any edits from there. Seems to work pretty well for me.