Monday, March 5, 2007

Mrs. . . . Zorro???

I was hoping to find some time to just sit and think tonight but it was not to be, and now it's past my bedtime and I don't have time to think of anything witty or clever to post. I guess I'll just tell this short story and leave it at that.

This morning when Peyton came down to breakfast, I noticed that she was wearing yet ANOTHER pair of pants that are too short for her and I teasingly said, "Peyton, I forbid you to grow any further--just stop it right now!" Now Peyton, who is as gullible as the day is long, looked at me with concern in her eyes, but when she saw that I was joking she said in a very soft voice, "I can't stop growing--I want to get married someday!" I asked her if getting married required that a person be tall, but she deflected that question and simply stated that "kids" can't get married. (Whew, that's one we don't have to worry about!) Then she went on to say that when she grows up she will have to decide between her three "boyfriends" from church--Herman (sorry, married), Kevin (also married) and "the guy who dressed up like Zorro and watched us at the church building when you and Dad went to the Valentine Banquet." I said, "Don't you even know his name?" "I dunno," she said with a shrug of her shoulders. How do you like that? She can't even be bothered to learn the name of her future husband (who is, by the way, most likely married!)!

Here's a picture of the femme fatale herself in a paper hat she made (with a little help from her teacher) last week:



No comments: