Fresh air and sunshine, that's what I needed. After being sick for so long, I was definitely feeling crabby and out of sorts. Perhaps you read my last two posts? They should have been a big tip-off. But I feel like a new woman now!
Randy and Tyler went to the Men's Breakfast at church this morning so Sawyer, the girls and I took it easy for a few hours. But with each passing moment, the sun came sparkling through the windows until I was just sure that it was an ideal day to get outside. I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the park--what a silly question! Did they??! Of course they did! And Darcy upped the ante by suggesting that we not just go to the park, but have a picnic lunch! How could I turn her down when she offered to make all the sandwiches herself?!
In a fortuitous turn of events, Randy and Tyler drove in as we were putting the finishing touches on our picnic basket so the whole family made the outing, and we had an excellent day. Wearing short sleeves and flip flops, playing baseball in the park and riding home with the windows rolled all the way down on February 2--I can't begin to tell you how my spirits were lifted!
We got home around mid-afternoon and Tyler chose that time to point out that the bottom of his shoe was peeling away from the upper portion. Since he had also put two holes in the knees of his school pants on Thursday, I decided to go ahead and take him to run a couple of errands. Randy suggested going to Sears, something I would not have done in a million years if left to my own devices, but boy am I glad I did! Not only did Tyler get a great pair of shoes, but Sears had a 50% sale going and I was able to get two pairs of school pants for him without even leaving the store!
I got one of those pangs in my heart while Tyler was looking at shoes--he went in wearing Size 5 Skechers and came out with Size 7 Reeboks. Size 7! Which means he is officially buying shoes in the men's department now! How can an 11-year-old have man-sized feet??! Boo hoo hoo.
Oh, and we killed an hour and a half at the haircut place, waiting our turn since he was a lowly walk-in. As we were leaving Tyler said, "I know you're not going to believe this, but I actually got TIRED of playing video games!" I wanted to say, "Who are you and what have you done with my son?!"
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's just not fair - it's cold and icky here! ;-) I'm glad you are feeling better and the whole family was able to enjoy a great day outside!!
Stacy
The temp is supposed to be in the eighties today. Mark my words--I'll have the air on before the day is out. In February!
How's the fam doing? I'll bet I wouldn't recognize your boys, they've gotten so big!
Post a Comment