Saturday, February 2, 2008

And Another Thing . . .

While I'm ruminating about things that get on my nerves, I might as well address the whole time-stamp issue. A friend commented last night and observed that while it wasn't even 9:30 p.m., I had posted an entry that was stamped 11:37 p.m. Alright, yes, I know that in the grand scheme of things this is like a speck of dust, and that by stewing about it I am probably shaving YEARS off my life, but dad blast it, that drives me crazy!

The thing that you must know about me is that some of these entertaining, scintillating blog posts take a LOT of time to write. I am embarrassed to let on just how much time I sometimes spend sitting here staring at the screen while trying to come up with just the right word or turn of phrase to take my entry from "ho hum" to "Hey Ho!" (I know, I'm still waiting for the "Hey Ho!" too.) And you must know that I am hindered by a four-year-old monkey seemingly with twelve arms and legs that snake around me, doing his best to divert my attention from the task at hand. Speaking of whom . . .

Okay, now that I've got the monkey settled in his tree with a banana, I can continue. So as I was saying, my blog stamps the time that I actually begin WRITING a post, but you can just imagine how wildly inaccurate the stamp ends up being when all is said and done. First and foremost, the biggest problem I face is the fact that the good folks at Blogger are an hour ahead of me and no matter what my computer settings are, Blogger evidently thinks I still live in the Eastern time zone! You can imagine how that small fact can wreak havoc with my blog entries; let's use yesterday's entry as an example:

I typed out that quick entry beginning at around 11:15 or 11:20. I remember because Sawyer and I were supposed to meet Randy for lunch (yay, we finally got out of the house for the first time since a week ago Wednesday!) and I didn't want to be late. And I posted the entry at 11:37 a.m. But remember, Blogger is an hour ahead of me so the time stamp said 12:15 p.m. or whatever time I actually began blogging. In my haste, I changed the time of the post but I clearly did not notice that a.m. had now become p.m., and thus errancy was born. After all, how could I possibly post an entry at 11:37 p.m. when I went to bed at 9:30 p.m. like a good little girl?? Ruminate on that!

No comments: