Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Now It's Getting Serious

Sawyer shows no signs of improvement today. His cheeks look like they've been permanently burned. He has no appetite. Get this: I coaxed him downstairs where he worked his favorite puzzle, and I set a dish of applesauce in front of him. The other kids gave up applesauce years ago but Sawyer will still eat some once in a while, and I figured something smooth might be just the thing for his belly that has been empty going on two days. He actually asked for M&Ms, so I told him he could have some if he'd eat the applesauce. He couldn't manage more than three bites, then asked for the M&Ms again. I said he could have ten, so he counted them out. He ate two, and asked if he could save the rest for later. Not a good sign.

We came back upstairs to read and I noticed he was still squinching up his eyes like they are burning, and after about five chews he asked if he could spit out the gum I had just given him. Okay, the boy is definitely sick!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww poor guy! It's def going around. Blake just got over having a fever for 8 days! Ugh! I hope all is healthy in your house again soon!!

Andrea said...

Eight days! Oh my word! I'll bet you were going out of your mind! Randy and Sawyer are both healthy now and no one else is complaining so everything is good again--for the moment!