Has the flu been bad in your neck of the woods? It has taken out I don't know HOW many people at church, and it finally appears that not even the preacher is immune. That's right, Randy has been moaning and groaning since Saturday. How he was able to get up and preach on Sunday morning is beyond me; all I can say is he really wanted to be there. But after services (and after we'd talked with and said goodbye to a young couple whose last day with us was Sunday--sniff, sniff), he headed home and got in bed. More accurately, he got in our recliner, which is actually more comfortable than our bed.
I felt a little guilty because I didn't even have time to tend to him that afternoon. Tyler had gone on a camp-out over the weekend and at 2:00 I had to pick him up at the neighboring church where he worshipped that morning. So the kids and I ran and got some lunch after church, picked up a sandwich for Randy and then I dropped everybody off at the house and headed to the other side of town.
When I got to Pleasant Ridge, Tyler and the other boys weren't quite ready so I talked to his friend's grandma and some of the other adults while we waited on the clean-up. You know the old adage, "Time flies when you're having fun"? That is EXACTLY what happened because when we got back to our vehicles, I looked at the clock and realized that not only was it 3:00 and LTC Chorus practice was starting at that moment at the church building, which meant that Tyler and his friends were late, but I had to go back to the house to pick up Darcy too! So I called and woke Randy up (sorry, babe) and told him to let Darcy know I was on my way, and I swung by and got her.
We got to the building just in time to see Chorus practice breaking up, but let me just say we were not that late! Seems a ton of kids were absent that day so the director wrapped practice a little early, which meant that puppet practice could begin and end early (thank you, Jan!). As soon as Tyler and Darcy finished up at 4:00 (ordinarily practice would be from 3:00 - 5:00), we ran to the grocery store to get a few things for our small group that night, and we went home--for about an hour. Is anybody tired yet? I know I am!
I got home and discovered that Sawyer was snuggled up next to Randy in his recliner, so naturally Sawyer woke up today with a raging fever. At least we were able to enjoy President's Day and NO SCHOOL yesterday--we even went to the movies! Well, not Randy, but I'm sure he enjoyed a quiet house for four hours (the length of time we were gone) more than he would have enjoyed the movie! It just breaks my heart when Sawyer is sick--and he is miserable. I gave him some chewable tablets to bring down his fever this morning and he perked up a bit, but this afternoon when he started hurting again, for some reason he begged me not to make him take anything. I can't get him to eat anything, either, and I think maybe it just hurts him to chew. He asked me to read to him a while ago and I got through three books, but he kept telling me that his eyes were burning so I finally convinced him to close his eyes. All together now . . . BLESS HIS HEART!
And let's not forget Randy--I came home this morning from helping with a little project at church and he asked me to make him scrambled eggs, biscuits and sausage. By the time everything was hot and steaming on his plate he had evidently lost his appetite because he ate maybe a third of the eggs--I guess he ate his piece of sausage and most of his biscuit--and then put his head on the table. His energy level is ZERO. Okay, you can say it again . . . BLESS HIS HEART!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment