I've become a master at not thinking about unpleasant things, in an effort to prolong the onslaught of butterflies in my stomach which would inevitably lead to some crazy acting on my part which would cause my family to think long and hard about locking me up and throwing away the key. 'Cause, you know, crazy is my middle name.
But just as I had to face my fears on Tuesday night, so now another dragon rears its ugly head and I must needs go slay it. On Monday Randy and I will be heading out of town on a quick trip to Oklahoma, where we will be shooting a commercial. See, if I say the words in the smallest font possible, it doesn't loom quite as large as it otherwise would.
How in the world do I get myself into these things? Me, the spotlight-hating, publicity-shy girl-next-door who just wants to go about her business while creating no stir whatsoever? How does this keep happening?
It just so happens that when we came to Woodland West, plans were already underway for a big push in our outreach ministry and the powers-that-be decided that Randy and I should shoot a commercial that would allow people to "put a face with the name," so to speak. I am sort of sketchy on the details because, hello, denial. But apparently the actual commercial is already shot, and all we have to do is shoot a couple of endings. In fact, depending on where you live you may already be able to view the very same commercial that we'll be using, but it is personalized for your area. All I can say is, thank goodness it will NOT air on national television!
By a happy coincidence, I had already made an appointment to get my hair cut today before I ever knew about our date with destiny so at least I'm good there. But something tells me there will be no makeup artist or wardrobe consultant awaiting us upon arrival; I'll bet we don't even get our own trailer! Wait a minute--that must be my inner diva talking. Well, can you blame me? This commercial is bound to be viewed by tens of people. Pretty soon we won't even be able to go to Burger Box without being recognized. Oh, the perils of fame.
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW! What in the world has happened to "our Andrea"!!! What have they done to you in Texas! You have become a public speaker and a television celebrity too! I cannot believe this!!
Miss you, Bonnie
I know! Who'da thunk it?! I DID discover that I have absolutely no lines in the commercial(s), so I guess I will really just be what is known in Tinseltown as "arm candy" for Randy!
Post a Comment