I know I promised to continue my story about Randy's and my brush with fame (okay, has that little joke run its course?) and I will get back to our commercial shoot in my next post, but in the meantime, I have some more noteworthy news to share.
How many of you remember that I was stressing over Tyler's first Science Fair project, that little bombshell that was dropped on his head during his first week at PCA? Well, it is worth mentioning that Tyler's project was due the morning after we got back from Tulsa, and remember that I haven't even finished telling you what happened the night we arrived home. Well, this just in . . . to all of you who told me to stop worrying and stressing about Tyler and his Science Fair project, who admonished me to simply let him enjoy himself, who said that he would do just fine . . . sadly, he did not do "fine." No, I don't believe "fine" is the word I would use in this scenario. If you must know . . . well, the fact of the matter is . . . that is to say . . . Tyler did . . .
SUPERIOR!
Okay, I know that last sentence was not grammatically correct. I was simply trying to build suspense, okay??? But yes, Tyler got a blue ribbon for his efforts! Here, see for yourself:
What's that hanging over on the side? Why, it's a blue ribbon! Here--let's have a closer look:
Now I will be the first to admit that aesthetically-speaking Tyler's project was not the best, but it was definitely not the worst. After seeing all of the different projects in one place on Wednesday, I was amazed at the creativity of a bunch of 4th, 5th and 6th graders. Randy even took pictures of some of the various projects since we'll have two kids doing Science Fair projects next year, and they will undoubtedly need a little inspiration (although Darcy is already bubbling over about how SHE'S going to do a project on rainbows next year).
But for a first-timer, I am so proud of Tyler's accomplishment, and thought you all might like to see what a little of his blood, sweat and tears produced. Way to go, Tyler!!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
True, we're interested in the end of your saga, but this NEWS is even better! Congratulations, Tyler!
MM
Of Course Tyler did well. He is a very smart boy. And he has a curious mind. He likes challenges,(lego star ship). Even if he wouldn't have gotten a superior it still would have been great, because he did something he had never done before and there is learning there and confidence building. Way to go Tyler!!!!!!!!!!!
Lynn
Lynn, I started an e-mail to you after receiving your comment but haven't gotten around to finishing it. Did Darcy e-mail you? She said she was going to. Everybody seems to have had much more confidence in Tyler than I did but at the end of the day you are right--I think he just needed to get through it the first time to gain some confidence and know what was expected of him. He was so nervous about the "interview" with the judges but he said he actually enjoyed it and was able to talk intelligently about his project and why he was so interested in his subject.
Post a Comment