Sunday, August 19, 2007

One of the Happiest Days of My Life

I can now say that one of the greatest desires of my heart has been fulfilled--today Tyler put on Jesus Christ, his Savior, in baptism! I will let the video speak for itself. What a great day!



We alerted a couple of people ahead of time that the baptism would take place after the invitation song (Tyler made his decision last night), but mostly Tyler wanted it to be a surprise. However, some secrets just can't be kept . . . as soon as I slid into my seat in the auditorium, "Grandma" Phyllis leaned over and said, "We have to leave at 11:30. Megan (her grandson's fiancee) is having a shower in Westerville at 12:00." I told her what would be happening right HERE at 11:30 and her mouth dropped open for about a half a second, and then she said, "Well, we'll just have to be late--that's all there is to it." I knew she wouldn't miss this for the world!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Congratulations Tyler! How exciting Andrea! I bet you and Randy were just beaming! :)

Andrea said...

Hi Stacy!! Yes, we both beamed after we stopped bawling! Randy had planned to finish out the invitation song by standing in front of the congregation w/the elders, but he got too choked up. And after all my planning, I forgot my tissues so I was up on the front row sniffling away!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Tyler. Way to go! I'm sorry I missed it, but it was great that you put that video of it on here. Hopefully I will witness the rest of your babies being immersed.

Andrea said...

Hey Mike~Yeah, we hate that you missed it too. Randy was going to have you lead a song and everything!

nancy brown said...

I'm so glad you put this out there! I had heard that Tyler was baptized. I hate it that I missed it. Congratulations!

Andrea said...

I know--isn't it the coolest thing? Even though our extended families couldn't get here on such short notice, being able to view the video was the next best thing to being here!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the family, Tyler! Andrea, what a wonderful day! I know that you and Randy are awesome parents and are so thrilled at Tyler's decision to dedicate his life to the Lord! I miss seeing you! I have such incredibly fun memories and think of you often! Love ya! Carol

Andrea said...

Hi Carol! I really do wish every single person I've ever known could have been with me to witness my first-born being born again. What a day! I miss you too!