Quick note before I get on to my thoughts (none of them profound) for the day: Just to let those of you who sympathized with me regarding my terrible, awful, no good, very bad day yesterday . . . the sun did indeed rise this morning on a brand new day and it was as though yesterday never happened! And I will say, too, that even though it SHOULDN'T be this way, I felt better knowing that some of you had similar days to mine!
And now on to THIS day: We were playing with our digital camera (the one I got four years ago and still haven't figured out all the features on) with the intention of setting the self-timer and taking an updated family photo since the last one we got of all six of us was THREE Christmases ago at Wal-mart. Randy actually used that experience in a sermon once so some of you may remember that what should have taken minutes turned into a two-hour ordeal, thanks to a digital camera that inexplicably "ran out of film" (that's exactly what the girl said) and had to be re-set, and also due to my inability to accept anything less than perfection. But come on, every proof she showed us had carved half of Darcy's body out of the picture! In the end, I did settle for "okay" rather than "perfect"; if anybody wants to dig through your picture boxes and dust off that photo and take a gander at the look of absolute, sheer boredom on Sawyer's face, I think you'll agree with me!
I've come a long way since then. After Randy used some of our Christmas card "outtake" photos in another sermon once, I decided it was easier to just be ourselves. As for today's photos, really and truly we were just sort of playing around so we didn't take more than five or six shots, but it's the candid photos that were taken while preparing for the photo shoot that brought a smile to my face. Perfection is HIGHLY overrated!
And now, changing the subject entirely, I thought I'd post a few of Tyler's baptism photos that my friend Erin shot while I was recording the video that I posted a few days ago. It's funny that you can see something with your very own eyes but still miss little nuances, you know? I love to see Tyler and Randy with their heads bowed in prayer; I love the way Tyler is looking up at his dad with what I believe is a look of complete trust and confidence; and I love to see Tyler discarding his "old" body for the "new" one!
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREA!
Post a Comment