If I have a few more stories that crop up throughout the day I may be back, but this morning I thought I'd post a little anecdote about events that transpired last night around 3 a.m. Let me set the stage:
Last night after the party Sawyer came running to me, grabbed my hand and said, "Mom, you have to come see this spider! Come on!" Sure enough, there in the hall of the church building was a little garden spider, nothing really out of the ordinary but large enough to be interesting-looking (especially to a three-year-old with a fascination for all creepy-crawlers). Tyler was with Sawyer, mainly acting as a restraint when he felt Sawyer was getting too close (Tyler the Protector), and they were taking turns blowing lightly on the spider and laughing to see the spider's legs splay out. I gave the spider enough of my attention to satisfy Sawyer (!) and off we went.
Around 3:00 this morning, I heard Sawyer sobbing loudly. He is prone to night terrors (not as bad as Tyler used to have, thankfully, nor as frequent) and I figured he was in the middle of one. When I opened his door he seemed aware of himself but he cried, "Mom, I lost the garden spider!" Let me clarify: This wasn't a dream where a spider was chasing him, nor was he dreaming that a spider had gotten loose in his bed and he was afraid it was going to attack him; no, he went on: "I can't find him, Mom! I need him!" Oh brother. I did my best to convince him that he was dreaming, that the spider had been at the church building and that he (Sawyer) was now at home in his bed AT 3 A.M., and he pulled his covers up to his chin and went back to sleep. I'll have to see if he remembers the episode this morning.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I almost forgot: Sawyer cracked me up while he was saying his prayer last night. He has these sorts of "streams of consciousness" prayers where he prays for whatever pops in his mind and that can lead to some really weird and funny places! As he was praying last night, he thanked God for the usual litany of things: Mom, Dad, brother and sisters, food and drinks, and then it started . . . "Thank you for my toys, and thank you for the toy dinosaur at Wal-mart that Mommy says is too 'spensive' and I can't have it . . . ." He's thankful for that??!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment