Back in May, Randy's mom and dad visited us around Mother's Day and at that time, Me-maw left a birthday card with $20 and a pretty bracelet for Darcy with me for safe-keeping, to await the proper time for its presentation. Imagine Me-maw's surprise when she called Darcy on her birthday and was informed that she had not received any such gifts. (Be honest, Mom--you weren't really surprised, were you? I mean, come on--this is ME we're talking about.)
Also, I was fully aware that "Aunt" Lynn from Ohio was sending Darcy the Tinkerbell blanket that she so desperately craved, but I am such a scatterbrain that when my doorbell didn't ring yesterday, I just assumed that the package was late and would get here when it got here. Today when I went to fetch the mail, tucked behind a column on our porch was a rather large package which I was certain was the missing birthday gift. I'm also certain it had been there for at least one day and perhaps even two--how pathetic am I?
So, Darcy got to have one last hurrah as she puts the Grand Birthday of 2008 behind her. And grand it was, for nestled inside the package alongside the Tinkerbell blanket were four--count 'em, FOUR--new Webkinz!!! Can you say "Jackpot"?!
You gotta love cold hard cash!
Finally, her life is complete!
Proud new owner of a panda, alley cat, lion and golden retriever
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing ALL of Darcy's birthday celebrations! She had a birthweek celebration instead of a birthday one. Enjoyed the pics; the one w/her dad is my favorite of course.
MM
Yep, I put that one in just for you!
Post a Comment