Just a little while ago Sawyer was playing with a music box (well, except it's not so much a box as it is this little circle-thingy that spins around--what do you call that?) that I "inherited" from my mom. It has a large turtle standing in the middle of the circle, surrounded by four smaller turtles on a platform below. Sawyer was remarking how the smaller reptiles actually more closely resemble frogs and I have to agree with him.
So he wound up the music box and listened to the tune play for a few minutes (ten bucks if you can guess the tune--except I won't really give you ten bucks), and then he suddenly started chanting, "Die, frogs, die!" Horrified, I admonished him, "Sawyer!" And he looked at me and said, "What? They croak!"
And therein lies the reason I have been unsuccessful in training out various behaviors in my children; because when I'm laughing too hard, the lesson sort of gets lost.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment