Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Five Down, One to Go

So, with the conclusion of Darcy's extended birthday celebration yesterday, we have only one more Todd birthday to celebrate this year and then I can take a break and quit worrying about birthdays . . . until November. "Wait, who has a birthday in November?" you ask. Well, since we were never able to get a party for Peyton organized back in May (we had something like four separate conflicts), I told her she could have a party on her 8-1/2th birthday. How's that for ingenuity?

Bless her heart, she is so patient. And don't think I didn't feel absolutely terrible several times over the course of the last few days as we made all sorts of plans (if not preparations) for Darcy's party, welcomed a gaggle of little girls to the celebration, and in general made a big to-do over Darcy's milestone 10th birthday. Peyton never said a word, but I can't help but wonder if deep down inside I'm going to be paying her therapy bills when she gets in high school--"My mother always loved Darcy more!"

Fortunately, not only is Peyton patient but she is also very forgiving. I suggested that when we have her party in November, she invite all her little friends for a sleepover and you would have thought I'd offered to buy her a million stuffed animals! Oh, that's just exactly what she wanted to do! That's just what she was going to say! Oh, she can finally give everyone their six-month-old goody bags full of what is by now probably very stale candy!

ANYWAY, here are a few pics from Darcy's actual birthday yesterday. Presenting my decade-old daughter:

With daddy and a cookie she got from some friends at church


Darcy showing some love to her bubby; Bubby's showing some love to his Pringle


Good to the last crumb!


Want to try a jalapeno?


I'm not too wild about this idea!


Here, have another Pringle. Pringles make everything better!


Presents!


A Disney Fairies book from Peyton


She got her beloved Tinkerbell sheets


And Chloe the Clydesdale Horse from Webkinz

No comments: