I've been hoping to supplement my wardrobe with a little color; sometimes I wonder if I'm subconsciously repressing some terrible memory based on the number of black garments in my closet.
However, as is the case for just about all of us nowadays, money is scarce and a shopping spree is out of the question. So after my Bible study this morning I collected Sawyer and swung by a bargain outlet on the way home to see what I could see. I wasn't having a whole lot of luck--in fact, as it turns out there was a preponderance of black clothing in the women's section which didn't help me one bit--but I did happen upon two blouses in fairly unique shades and they were both under $10--score! One was a sort of orange color, not quite rust, and the other was a little deeper than what I would consider a teal blue. I hung on to both blouses for a bit, unsure which would look better with my coloring, and finally I turned to Sawyer and held up both blouses.
"What do you think, buddy? This one or this one?"
Sawyer looked them both over with a critical eye and said, "You would look beautiful in the orange one, Mama."
Guess which one I bought?
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww.
Can I borrow him sometime?
:o)
Post a Comment