You read that right--today my baby turned four years old! I'm not ready for this--Sawyer is my baby, after all. How can he be a . . . dare I say it? . . . a pre-schooler? Waaaaaahhhhh!
Well, after all our grand plans about going trick-or-treating during "Boo at the Zoo," it turned out rainy and blustery today and I think the girls would have simply been miserable in their thin little costumes, so we went with Plan B. Cinemark Movies, here we come! None of the kids had seen Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix yet (with good reason, I remember now) so we went out for a birthday lunch to Arby's where Sawyer ate his roast beef sandwich, one of my chicken tenders and half of Tyler's sandwich--then it hit me, it was 1:00 p.m. and Sawyer had never eaten breakfast! Whoops! Anyway, then it was on to the movie theater where we loaded up on popcorn and soft drinks, and of course had to stop in at the Dairy Queen for a junior cone before heading for home--when else but on birthdays are you allowed to indulge so shamelessly?! I have to admit that I abstained from the ice cream cone but seeing as I neglected to get Sawyer a birthday cake (what kind of a mother am I?), he had to get his sugar somewhere!
Here are some highlights of the day:
The center of our universe
I'm four!
Oh boy, Star Wars toys!
Cool--Luke's snow speeder!
Listening to the Star Wars theme on his musical birthday card (in case you're wondering what that red speck is on Sawyer's cheek, he had a run-in with his Darth Vader mask today and the mask won!)
So alike, those two
Laughing at his Cars card from Me-maw, Pe-paw and Great-Grandmother
Shaking his "bahookie"
What's a birthday without a little wrestling?
And then I dropped my camera and this is what all the pictures look like now
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment