Thursday, October 25, 2007
"How-deeeeee!"
I went to church with "Minnie Pearl" last night. For those of you who were of the belief that Ms. Pearl had already done to the "Grand Ole Opry" in the sky, you are correct. The "Minnie" I speak of is none other than my own son, Tyler. Last night when we stood to sing a song before going to Bible class, I put my arm around his shoulder and felt something stiff under my forearm. Turns out it was the price tag that he had never taken off his new shirt. And just a little while ago I was in the basement sorting laundry and I came to the pair of pants that he wore last night with the new shirt. Did I mention the pants were new, too? Yep, there was the tag, sticking out for all the world to see! I have a habit of leaving the tags on new items of clothing if the child for whom the items are intended is not with me when I buy them; I make sure he/she tries the items on first so that if need be, I can return them. But Tyler (a.k.a. Mr. Lazy Pants) will try his clothes on, confirm that they fit, and then stick them in the closet and call it a day. Darcy and Peyton would NEVER do that--the first thing they want to do is get those scratchy tags off their clothes! With Tyler, you would have thought we just walked into Target, shoplifted a new outfit and then headed to church to ask for forgiveness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment