Sniff, sniff . . . it seems like just yesterday that my little girl turned nine. It was a week ago, actually. Yes, last Sunday was Darcy's ninth birthday but we simply had too much going on to celebrate properly. Darcy's greatest wish was to have her best buddy, Darian, come over for a sleepover, so we picked Darian up at about 3:00 yesterday afternoon and brought her back to the house, and merriment ensued!
The first thing the kids did was play High School Musical: The Board Game, and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed watching those kids singing the songs at the top of their lungs, performing all the dance moves, and just having the time of their lives! Even at their age I was already painfully aware of how gawky and dorky I was (sadly, some things never change!), so I don't think HSM: The Board Game would have been a game I would have had a lot of fun with.
Last night we had Fall Family Fun Night at the church building (or as JP referred to it, Summer Family Fun Night, owing to the unseasonably hot, humid weather) so we dined on hot dogs, chips, and s'mores while entertaining ourselves by watching the kids all get soaked bobbing for apples. Tyler, bless his heart, plunged his entire head all the way into the tub REPEATEDLY but those blasted rubber bands he has to wear on his braces keep his mouth from opening as far as it used to, and he just couldn't get a good grip. He finally came up with an apple but he couldn't beat the fastest time, and he was naturally disappointed. Darcy, on the other hand, totally cheated by using her teeth to pluck the apple out of the tub BY ITS STEM! No fair! (Kinda clever, though, I must admit.)
We came home around 8:30, at which point we were all being bitten unmercifully by the mosquitos and couldn't take it anymore. The kids all took showers while we got the living room ready for the girls' slumber party; we then caved in and popped several bags of popcorn when the kids begged to watch "just a little bit" of High School Musical. I can't remember anymore, but I don't think I even made it through the second song before I was sound asleep. It's been a long week.
This morning we went to Galaxy Games and Golf (where else?) but for once, we did NOT buy the birthday "package" where you get a party room, pizza, drinks, tokens, and admission to the Fun Gym. It actually couldn't have worked out any better; the kids played for just a little over an hour in the Fun Gym and, amazingly, were ALL ready to leave at that point. We came home, ordered a couple of pizzas from Pizza Hut, had cake and ice cream, opened presents and then, all too soon, it was time for Darian to leave. She was going to a wedding reception a couple of hours away and couldn't stay any longer.
And now, without further ado, here are some pictures from Darcy's big day:
BFF
My ornery boy
My sweet boy
I can't resist these pictures . . . check out Sawyer's expression
Now look at Tyler, demanding that Sawyer smile for the camera (and look at Sawyer' hilarious expression!)
Good enough!
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like my Birthday twin had a great "party"! What a beautiful cake! I bet it tasted as good as it looked. ~Tracy~
It WAS a beautiful cake, wasn't it? She was so excited when I brought it home to show her--oops, I guess I just admitted that I was not the baker of that culinary confection. In my dreams!
Those pictures are awesome! Heh...
Post a Comment