Friday, October 19, 2007

A Great Adventure

That's what we're embarking on today, or at least that's what it feels like to Tyler and Darcy. "We get to stay in a hotel room! Wheeee!" Yes, we're leaving in just a few hours to head up north and I have to say, as excited as the kids are about the Bible Bowl, if we have to drive so far I'd just as soon be going to Geauga Lake--I've heard great things about that place! But I must confess that I, too, am looking forward to the change in the routine--a break from the monotony, if you will--and I think Randy will be glad to be rid of me for a few hours so he won't have to hear me ask for the hundredth time, "How are we going to get all this done in a month???" I think I'm stressing him out, and he doesn't GET stressed out!

Anyway, if you're reading this, please keep Tyler and Darcy in your prayers tomorrow--I know they want to make a good showing in their first Bible Bowl--and also pray for safe travels for us there and back. And of course, pray for those who are left behind. I'm reminded once again why I'm glad I have four kids--it seems no matter what's going on and who's involved in what, whoever is left behind always has a playmate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds like fun! Tell the kids I said I know they'll do great! Can't wait to hear about it. Have fun! ~Tracy~

Anonymous said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed your blogs this year! So glad Joyce led me to them. When I get behind, I spend an hour or so just catching up! The adventures are exciting but your ability to make them entertaining to a "stranger" is amazing.
Will be thinking about you all as you begin the next chapter (book) of your lives in Texas.
~Betty (Auburn)