Can you believe my kids would openly and blatantly defy me? It's true! I have given them all strict instructions to stop growing so quickly, and they have flatly IGNORED me. What am I going to do with them??!
Fortunately, even though they keep growing, my clothing bill doesn't have to. (Man, that sounds like a commercial, doesn't it?) We have this nifty little store in town called Once Upon a Child which specializes in the purveying of "gently used" children's clothing, books, toys, etc. I decided to pay them a visit when the weather started turning colder and I remembered that last fall/winter, Peyton had outgrown almost every article of clothing she owned.
There was a time when Darcy was the lucky one who always got the new clothes. (Even though almost all her clothes have always been hand-me-downs from lots of generous people at church and elsewhere, they've always been "new" to her!) Peyton had to settle for wearing whatever Darcy had outgrown. But as anyone can attest who has seen the two of them together lately, Peyton has pretty much caught up with Darcy! I haven't measured them lately but Darcy maybe only has a couple of inches on Peyton in height.
Anyway, all of the kids were hurting in the cool-weather clothes department, not just Peyton, so I went to Once Upon a Child with high hopes that I could get some stuff to tide them over through the winter. And boy, did they deliver! I want you to know that I bought $140 worth of merchandise, but that consisted of 17 pairs of pants (13 were blue jeans) and 14 shirts! That's an average of roughly $4.50 per item! Blue jeans for $4.50??! I am beside myself!
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment